East Bay News
Man fatally shot in apartment complex in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A 32-year-old man was found fatally shot inside an apartment complex in Antioch late Wednesday night, according to police.
At 9:12 p.m. police received a report of a shooting at the Delta Pines apartment complex at 2301 Sycamore Drive.
Upon arrival at the apartment complex, police found a deceased man inside an apartment unit with an apparent gunshot wound.
Police also detected a suspicious device in another room of the victim's apartment and called in the Walnut Creek Police Department's bomb squad, which determined the object not to be an explosive device. The bomb squad removed the device from the apartment without incident, according to police.
Antioch police are investigating the death as a homicide. The victim's identity is being withheld until his family members have been notified.
antioch, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Frigid temperatures continue in the Bay Area
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Dawson go-ahead field goal lifts 49ers by Seattle
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Time announces finalists for Person of the Year
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Winter Spare the Air called for today
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos