East Bay News
Man fatally shot in apartment complex in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A 32-year-old man was found fatally shot inside an apartment complex in Antioch late Wednesday night, according to police.
At 9:12 p.m. police received a report of a shooting at the Delta Pines apartment complex at 2301 Sycamore Drive.
Upon arrival at the apartment complex, police found a deceased man inside an apartment unit with an apparent gunshot wound.
Police also detected a suspicious device in another room of the victim's apartment and called in the Walnut Creek Police Department's bomb squad, which determined the object not to be an explosive device. The bomb squad removed the device from the apartment without incident, according to police.
Antioch police are investigating the death as a homicide. The victim's identity is being withheld until his family members have been notified.
antioch, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker 9 min ago
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries 12 min ago
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed