East Bay News
Man fatally shot in apartment complex in Antioch
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A 32-year-old man was found fatally shot inside an apartment complex in Antioch late Wednesday night, according to police.
At 9:12 p.m. police received a report of a shooting at the Delta Pines apartment complex at 2301 Sycamore Drive.
Upon arrival at the apartment complex, police found a deceased man inside an apartment unit with an apparent gunshot wound.
Police also detected a suspicious device in another room of the victim's apartment and called in the Walnut Creek Police Department's bomb squad, which determined the object not to be an explosive device. The bomb squad removed the device from the apartment without incident, according to police.
Antioch police are investigating the death as a homicide. The victim's identity is being withheld until his family members have been notified.
antioch, crime, shooting, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos