East Bay News
Diabetes screening, blood drive Thursday afternoon in Union City
UNION CITY, Calif. -- Union City will host a blood drive and diabetes awareness event this afternoon.
The event is in memory of Union City employee Erick Lising, who recently passed away from diabetes complications.
The American Diabetes Association will be conducting diabetes testing and providing information.
The blood drive begins at 1 p.m., and the diabetes testing begins at 5 p.m. at the Union City Sports Center, 31224 Union City Blvd., Union City.
diabetes, union city, east bay news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms 26 min ago
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions 21 min ago
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides 30 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- 49ers sign DE Justin Smith to 2-year extension
- Three arrested in connection with fatal E. SJ stabbing 15 min ago
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear...
21 min ago
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food,...
30 min ago