East Bay News
Oakland police most wanted criminal at SF restaurant
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An Oakland police officer out celebrating his wife's birthday in San Francisco helped capture one of Oakland's most wanted criminals.
It all went down Thursday night at Ruth's Chris Steak House on Van Ness Avenue in San Francisco. Officer Ernesto Leyva was having dinner when he noticed a member of a notorious East Oakland Street Gang at a nearby table. He stepped outside to call police then went back to his table with his wife while officers from both cities converged outside.
"Getting vital real-time information from Officer Leyva who was inside the restaurant, we knew exactly his movements, his whereabouts, and what time he was going to exit the restaurant," Oakland police Capt. Ersie Joyner said.
The man arrested, Ronnie Flenaugh, was wanted for a residential robbery and assault. He was dining with fellow gang members. Police questioned them and even made some who had skipped out on their check go back, pay the bill, and leave a nice tip.
oakland, crime, east bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 30 min ago
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos