East Bay News
Oakland police most wanted criminal at SF restaurant
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- An Oakland police officer out celebrating his wife's birthday in San Francisco helped capture one of Oakland's most wanted criminals.
It all went down Thursday night at Ruth's Chris Steak House on Van Ness Avenue in San Francisco. Officer Ernesto Leyva was having dinner when he noticed a member of a notorious East Oakland Street Gang at a nearby table. He stepped outside to call police then went back to his table with his wife while officers from both cities converged outside.
"Getting vital real-time information from Officer Leyva who was inside the restaurant, we knew exactly his movements, his whereabouts, and what time he was going to exit the restaurant," Oakland police Capt. Ersie Joyner said.
The man arrested, Ronnie Flenaugh, was wanted for a residential robbery and assault. He was dining with fellow gang members. Police questioned them and even made some who had skipped out on their check go back, pay the bill, and leave a nice tip.
oakland, crime, east bay news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco 35 min ago
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 2 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting 58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos