East Bay News
Man fatally shot in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a person in East Oakland early this morning.
Police received reports of a shooting in the 3100 block of Pleitner Avenue at 1 a.m.
Upon arrival at the scene, police found a victim with a gunshot wound.
Police do not have any suspects in custody and have not released the victim's identification, pending notification of the victim's next of kin.
crime, oakland, shooting, east bay news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday