East Bay News
Man fatally shot in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a person in East Oakland early this morning.
Police received reports of a shooting in the 3100 block of Pleitner Avenue at 1 a.m.
Upon arrival at the scene, police found a victim with a gunshot wound.
Police do not have any suspects in custody and have not released the victim's identification, pending notification of the victim's next of kin.
crime, oakland, shooting, east bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 5 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 40 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos