East Bay News
Man fatally shot in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a person in East Oakland early this morning.
Police received reports of a shooting in the 3100 block of Pleitner Avenue at 1 a.m.
Upon arrival at the scene, police found a victim with a gunshot wound.
Police do not have any suspects in custody and have not released the victim's identification, pending notification of the victim's next of kin.
crime, oakland, shooting, east bay news
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Two hospitalized after acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil' 1 min ago
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta 36 min ago
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case 15 min ago
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Local entrepreneur facing domestic violence charges
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Stolen EBMUD truck found in Castro Valley
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Fremont fires; Crash victim ID'd
- Drought prompts officials to release water...
36 min ago