East Bay News
Man fatally shot in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a person in East Oakland early this morning.
Police received reports of a shooting in the 3100 block of Pleitner Avenue at 1 a.m.
Upon arrival at the scene, police found a victim with a gunshot wound.
Police do not have any suspects in custody and have not released the victim's identification, pending notification of the victim's next of kin.
crime, oakland, shooting, east bay news
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- 6 Nepalese guides dead, 9 missing in Mount Everest avalanche
- Student with Down syndrome accepted to college
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos