East Bay News
Man fatally shot in East Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a person in East Oakland early this morning.
Police received reports of a shooting in the 3100 block of Pleitner Avenue at 1 a.m.
Upon arrival at the scene, police found a victim with a gunshot wound.
Police do not have any suspects in custody and have not released the victim's identification, pending notification of the victim's next of kin.
crime, oakland, shooting, east bay news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA 28 min ago
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- Police investigate shootings that hospitalized two men
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos