East Bay News
1 injured in shooting in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Police are investigating an East Oakland shooting that sent one person to a hospital Saturday afternoon.
Officers were called around 4:40 p.m. Saturday to reports of shots fired in the 1400 block of 68th Avenue, Officer Kevin McDonald said.
Police located one victim in the shooting, who was transported to a hospital with non-life-threatening wounds.
No information about suspects in the shooting was available as of this morning.
shooting, oakland, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Pedestrian critically injured in SF near Stern Grove 43 min ago
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Free health clinic in SF and Oakland this week
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos