East Bay News
2nd fire reported at Antioch apartment complex
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Fire crews Wednesday morning put out a blaze at the same Antioch apartment complex where a fire was reported Monday night, a Contra Costa Fire Protection District spokesman said.
The one-alarm blaze was reported at the Delta View Apartments at 3915 Delta Fair Blvd. at 3:15 a.m., Contra Costa fire spokesman Robert Marshall said.
Crews extinguished the fire in about 20 minutes, Marshall said. He said the fire was likely the result of a flare-up from a blaze that burned in the same building Monday night.
That fire was reported at 7:33 p.m. Monday and was put out in 15 minutes, fire officials said. It was deemed accidental.
Fire crews searched the attic after the fire and removed cellulose insulation, which is highly flammable, Marshall said.
However, he said, the building had undergone remodeling, and there was more such insulation in a concealed space that was not visible to firefighters.
He said it appears embers from Monday's fire ignited the hidden cellulose insulation, sparking this morning's fire.
No injuries were reported, he said.
Monday's fire displaced 10 residents and caused an estimated $500,000 in damage, according to fire officials.
fire, antioch, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Malaysia: No engine data after plane went missing
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- Broken window of high-rise shuts down block in SF
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break 23 min ago
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Report: DNA on SJ cop's vest in rape investigation
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday