East Bay News
2nd fire reported at Antioch apartment complex
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- Fire crews Wednesday morning put out a blaze at the same Antioch apartment complex where a fire was reported Monday night, a Contra Costa Fire Protection District spokesman said.
The one-alarm blaze was reported at the Delta View Apartments at 3915 Delta Fair Blvd. at 3:15 a.m., Contra Costa fire spokesman Robert Marshall said.
Crews extinguished the fire in about 20 minutes, Marshall said. He said the fire was likely the result of a flare-up from a blaze that burned in the same building Monday night.
That fire was reported at 7:33 p.m. Monday and was put out in 15 minutes, fire officials said. It was deemed accidental.
Fire crews searched the attic after the fire and removed cellulose insulation, which is highly flammable, Marshall said.
However, he said, the building had undergone remodeling, and there was more such insulation in a concealed space that was not visible to firefighters.
He said it appears embers from Monday's fire ignited the hidden cellulose insulation, sparking this morning's fire.
No injuries were reported, he said.
Monday's fire displaced 10 residents and caused an estimated $500,000 in damage, according to fire officials.
fire, antioch, east bay news
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- Bay Area companies shop so you won't have to
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos