East Bay News
Local pilot dies in Calaveras plane crash
CALAVERAS, Calif. (KGO) -- A pilot who died in a small plane crash in Calaveras County has been identified as a Danville man.
Officials say Russell Hackler died in Friday's crash that happened about a mile south of the Calaveras County airport. He was the only person on board.
The plane is described as an experimental aircraft.
The FAA and other federal agents are looking into what caused the crash.
plane crash, danville, east bay news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Another mistake found in BART union contract
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos