East Bay News
Local pilot dies in Calaveras plane crash
CALAVERAS, Calif. (KGO) -- A pilot who died in a small plane crash in Calaveras County has been identified as a Danville man.
Officials say Russell Hackler died in Friday's crash that happened about a mile south of the Calaveras County airport. He was the only person on board.
The plane is described as an experimental aircraft.
The FAA and other federal agents are looking into what caused the crash.
plane crash, danville, east bay news
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 3 min ago
- Search continues for man after Bay to Breakers
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Arias tells jury what she'll do if allowed to live 17 min ago
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test
- Obama opposes GOP bill on Keystone XL pipeline 25 min ago
- Senate panel approves weapons for Syrian rebels 28 min ago
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- Photos: San Jose Sharks fan pics!
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body 12 min ago
- roundup: Bay Area Super Bowl; Antioch fire 20 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Crews search for survivors after Oklahoma...
34 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado survivors counting blessings
24 min ago