East Bay News
Local pilot dies in Calaveras plane crash
CALAVERAS, Calif. (KGO) -- A pilot who died in a small plane crash in Calaveras County has been identified as a Danville man.
Officials say Russell Hackler died in Friday's crash that happened about a mile south of the Calaveras County airport. He was the only person on board.
The plane is described as an experimental aircraft.
The FAA and other federal agents are looking into what caused the crash.
plane crash, danville, east bay news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos