East Bay News
Two women fatally shot in Oakland
OAKLAND, Callif. (KGO) -- Police are investigating the shooting deaths of two women who were gunned down on the sidewalk at Minna Avenue, not far from Brookdale Park in Oakland.
Police received several calls about the shooting at 6 a.m. Sunday morning.
People reported hearing gunshots and women screaming and crying.
Investigators told ABC7 News that they are following several leads, but right now they do not have a motive or suspects.
They say it appears to be random and are trying to identify the victims.
There were two other murders in Oakland on Saturday. The city is now dealing with 115 homicides this year, five more than in 2011.
shooting, crime, oakland, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos