East Bay News
Oscar Grant movie to premiere at Sundance
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A film based on the shooting death of Oscar Grant will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.
Thursday, organizers announced the movie "Fruitvale" is selected to compete for best dramatic film in Utah next year.
The movie is in post-production right now and is expected to cover the shooting of the unarmed Oakland man. Grant was killed by a BART officer on New Year's Day 2009.
"Fruitvale" stars Oscar winner Octavia Spencer, who plays grant's mother Wanda Johnson.
oscar grant, johannes mehserle, BART, movies, east bay news
- Search for missing jetliner now includes 25 countries 53 min ago
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine 5 min ago
- Officials investigate cause of house fire 22 min ago
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos