East Bay News
Oscar Grant movie to premiere at Sundance
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A film based on the shooting death of Oscar Grant will premiere at the Sundance Film Festival.
Thursday, organizers announced the movie "Fruitvale" is selected to compete for best dramatic film in Utah next year.
The movie is in post-production right now and is expected to cover the shooting of the unarmed Oakland man. Grant was killed by a BART officer on New Year's Day 2009.
"Fruitvale" stars Oscar winner Octavia Spencer, who plays grant's mother Wanda Johnson.
oscar grant, johannes mehserle, BART, movies, east bay news
- BART and unions to meet today over contract
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire 19 min ago
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 20 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos