East Bay News
Man found shot to death in car identified
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man who was shot to death while he was sitting in his car in East Oakland Wednesday was identified by police today as 26-year-old Francisco Rosas of Alameda.
The fatal shooting happened at 8:05 p.m. at the intersection of Russet and Moorpark streets, near Oakland's border with San Leandro, according to police.
Police found Rosas unresponsive in his car. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police don't yet have any information about suspects or a motive for the shooting.
shooting, oakland, east bay news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama to address drones, Gitmo in security speech
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food 29 min ago
- Actor Brad Pitt says he suffers from prosopagnosia
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak 17 min ago
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos