East Bay News
Man found shot to death in car identified
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man who was shot to death while he was sitting in his car in East Oakland Wednesday was identified by police today as 26-year-old Francisco Rosas of Alameda.
The fatal shooting happened at 8:05 p.m. at the intersection of Russet and Moorpark streets, near Oakland's border with San Leandro, according to police.
Police found Rosas unresponsive in his car. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police don't yet have any information about suspects or a motive for the shooting.
shooting, oakland, east bay news
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight 18 min ago
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond 16 min ago
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Fitbit users still looking for answers on Force rashes
- 5-year-old boy, babysitter struck by car in crosswalk
- Stars raise money for SF children's hospital
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
15 min ago