East Bay News
Man found shot to death in car identified
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man who was shot to death while he was sitting in his car in East Oakland Wednesday was identified by police today as 26-year-old Francisco Rosas of Alameda.
The fatal shooting happened at 8:05 p.m. at the intersection of Russet and Moorpark streets, near Oakland's border with San Leandro, according to police.
Police found Rosas unresponsive in his car. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police don't yet have any information about suspects or a motive for the shooting.
shooting, oakland, east bay news
- Palo Alto man detained in NKorea lands at SFO
- Cold snap brings snow, icy conditions to Bay Area
- Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of United States
- Crews investigating cause of water main break 37 min ago
- AMBER Alert suspect may be heading to Mexico
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Police investigating fatal accident in San Jose
- 1 dead, 1 injured in gun battle near Lil Scrappy show
- Report: Occidental again underreports sex assaults
- Winter Spare the Air Alert issued for Sunday, Dec. 8
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Fierce winds force pilots to abort landing...
- roundup: Teen struck in crosswalk; EPA shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
24 min ago