East Bay News
Driver killed in hit-and-run crash in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A driver was killed in a hit-and-run crash in Oakland's Temescal District early this morning, a police officer said.
Officers located a driver inside his car near the intersection of Telegraph and 44th avenues. He was pronounced dead at the scene, Officer Kevin McDonald said.
It appears that a vehicle crashed into the victim's car before fleeing the scene, he said.
Police are working this morning to determine the circumstances surrounding the crash.
hit and run, oakland, east bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations 36 min ago
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- New chair lets users decide the temperature
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday