East Bay News
Two CHP officers injured in Livermore chase
LIVERMORE, Calif. -- Two suspects were taken into custody after a high-speed chase on Interstate Highway 580 this morning in which a California Highway Patrol car overturned, a CHP spokeswoman said.
Officers spotted an Infiniti speeding east on I-580 near Isabel Avenue in Livermore at about 3:20 a.m., CHP spokeswoman Diana McDermott said.
When a CHP officer attempted to stop the car, the driver sped off, McDermott said.
A chase ensued, with the driver reaching speeds of 100 mph, she said. Two officers in a separate patrol car assisted in the pursuit.
The assisting patrol car hit an embankment during the chase and overturned near Altamont Pass Road in Livermore, causing minor injuries to both officers, McDermott said.
The first patrol car was able to pull over the Infiniti in the Stockton area at about 3:40 a.m. and the two suspects were taken into custody, McDermott said.
CHP is still investigating the incident.
CHP, livermore, tracy, east bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos