East Bay News
Investigation prompts Bret Harte Middle School lockdown
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland's Bret Harte Middle School is on lockdown Monday afternoon as police investigate a home invasion that occurred nearby, a school district spokesman said.
Students are being kept in their classrooms as the school awaits further word from police, Oakland Unified School District spokesman Troy Flint said.
Flint said at 12:25 p.m. that the lockdown had been in effect for about 45 minutes. The school is located at 3700 Coolidge Ave.
He said he believes Oakland police have detained at least one person, and that the lockdown is expected to be lifted shortly.
oakland, crime, east bay news
- Occupy the Farm protesters returning to Albany land
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention Center 47 min ago
- Missing 3-year-old Hayward boy found 59 min ago
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack 44 min ago
- Witnesses: Car strikes crowd at Va. parade 33 min ago
- Miami Heat player surprises student at prom 4 min ago
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Free dental care offered at SJ Convention...
47 min ago