East Bay News
2 killed in Byron-area crash, including a child
BYRON, Calif. -- A head-on collision between a semi and a sedan killed a young woman and a child on Friday afternoon.
The victims' identities were not immediately released, pending notification of their relatives, reports say the child was under 10 years old. Details on the cause of the accident were not immediately available.
East Contra Costa County fire officials say the crash was reported about 3:19 p.m. on Byron Highway and Clifton Court.
California Highway Patrol officials say the road will remain closed as crews investigate the accident.
CHP says the collision also caused a diesel spill over the California Aqueduct, and Caltrans crews are on scene cleaning it up.
Traffic was mounting near the scene Friday evening, and CHP officials say there is no estimated time for reopening.
byron, contra costa county, crash, east bay news
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire 8 min ago
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420" 27 min ago
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1 1 min ago
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 51 min ago
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
10 min ago
- Video shows burglar prowling in baby's room
19 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos