East Bay News
2 killed in Byron-area crash, including a child
BYRON, Calif. -- A head-on collision between a semi and a sedan killed a young woman and a child on Friday afternoon.
The victims' identities were not immediately released, pending notification of their relatives, reports say the child was under 10 years old. Details on the cause of the accident were not immediately available.
East Contra Costa County fire officials say the crash was reported about 3:19 p.m. on Byron Highway and Clifton Court.
California Highway Patrol officials say the road will remain closed as crews investigate the accident.
CHP says the collision also caused a diesel spill over the California Aqueduct, and Caltrans crews are on scene cleaning it up.
Traffic was mounting near the scene Friday evening, and CHP officials say there is no estimated time for reopening.
byron, contra costa county, crash, east bay news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze 32 min ago
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 51 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday