East Bay News
2 killed in Byron-area crash, including a child
BYRON, Calif. -- A head-on collision between a semi and a sedan killed a young woman and a child on Friday afternoon.
The victims' identities were not immediately released, pending notification of their relatives, reports say the child was under 10 years old. Details on the cause of the accident were not immediately available.
East Contra Costa County fire officials say the crash was reported about 3:19 p.m. on Byron Highway and Clifton Court.
California Highway Patrol officials say the road will remain closed as crews investigate the accident.
CHP says the collision also caused a diesel spill over the California Aqueduct, and Caltrans crews are on scene cleaning it up.
Traffic was mounting near the scene Friday evening, and CHP officials say there is no estimated time for reopening.
byron, contra costa county, crash, east bay news
- 2 NYC buildings collapse in explosion, two dead 2 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- 49ers acquire Jonathan Martin from Dolphins
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Pavelski scores twice as Sharks beat Leafs 6-2
- Warriors whip Mavs 108-85 for 5th straight win
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
43 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos