East Bay News
Skateboarder hit, killed in Concord
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- A skateboarder was struck and killed in the East Bay Friday night. Police are not saying much about the accident that took the life of a 21-year-old man riding a skateboard, but they have confirmed he is from Concord.
A skateboarder was struck and killed in the East Bay Friday night. Police are not saying much about the accident that took the life of a 21-year-old man riding a skateboard, but they have confirmed he is from Concord.
A 21-year-old woman from Clayton was driving a Chevy Tahoe when she hit and killed a man who was riding on his skateboard. The accident happened at Monument Boulevard and Erickson Road just after 4:30 p.m. The streets were shut down for hours while police collected evidence at the scene.
Police have confirmed that the skateboarder was in the crosswalk, headed northbound at Erickson, when he was hit by the driver.
When emergency personnel arrived at the scene, they immediately learned that the victim had suffered major injuries. He was rushed to John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek, where he later died from his injuries.
Police are not releasing the name of the victim or the driver. According to a social media site, she may have just celebrated her 21st birthday in Vegas. Police are still investigating if drugs or alcohol were a factor. No arrests were made at the scene.
concord, pedestrian struck, east bay news
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield 21 min ago
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland 21 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting 19 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Burlingame restaurant to stop serving lion meat dish
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos