East Bay News
Skateboarder hit, killed in Concord
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- A skateboarder was struck and killed in the East Bay Friday night. Police are not saying much about the accident that took the life of a 21-year-old man riding a skateboard, but they have confirmed he is from Concord.
A skateboarder was struck and killed in the East Bay Friday night. Police are not saying much about the accident that took the life of a 21-year-old man riding a skateboard, but they have confirmed he is from Concord.
A 21-year-old woman from Clayton was driving a Chevy Tahoe when she hit and killed a man who was riding on his skateboard. The accident happened at Monument Boulevard and Erickson Road just after 4:30 p.m. The streets were shut down for hours while police collected evidence at the scene.
Police have confirmed that the skateboarder was in the crosswalk, headed northbound at Erickson, when he was hit by the driver.
When emergency personnel arrived at the scene, they immediately learned that the victim had suffered major injuries. He was rushed to John Muir Hospital in Walnut Creek, where he later died from his injuries.
Police are not releasing the name of the victim or the driver. According to a social media site, she may have just celebrated her 21st birthday in Vegas. Police are still investigating if drugs or alcohol were a factor. No arrests were made at the scene.
concord, pedestrian struck, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City 31 min ago
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry 46 min ago
- Death penalty sought in killing of girl at sleepover 43 min ago
- Consumer Reports puts toothbrushes to the test 45 min ago
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident 42 min ago
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Military shell prompted evacuation of hundreds 13 min ago
- Water supply flushed after teen urinates into reservoir
- Mi Pueblo grocery stores submit bankruptcy plans
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch 21 min ago