East Bay News
Driver injured, power pole downed in SB 101 crash
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- A motorist is injured and trapped in a vehicle in a crash that took out a power pole on U.S. Highway 101 in San Rafael, the California Highway Patrol is reporting.
Emergency responders are at the scene of the crash, which was reported around 7:45 a.m. on southbound Highway 101 at the Freitas Parkway off-ramp, according to the CHP.
A driver in a 4-door BMW sedan reportedly lost control of their car and collided with a power pole, downing the pole.
The motorist reportedly suffered injuries to the face and was trapped inside the car as of 7:50 a.m.
PG&E crews have also been called to the scene to repair the downed pole.
san rafael, highway 101, crash, east bay news
- Fatal crash closes WB I-580 lanes in Livermore 41 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase 43 min ago
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Consumer Reports puts AA batteries to the test
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions 11 min ago
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- 32 students participating in 'shop with a cop' event
- Gridlock in the Senate, progress in the House
- OTRC: Golden Globes 2014: Full list of nominations 19 min ago
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Robbery suspect shot; BART dispute
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART,...
11 min ago
- Inside look at SF Ballet's 'Nutcracker'
38 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos