East Bay News
Driver injured, power pole downed in SB 101 crash
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- A motorist is injured and trapped in a vehicle in a crash that took out a power pole on U.S. Highway 101 in San Rafael, the California Highway Patrol is reporting.
Emergency responders are at the scene of the crash, which was reported around 7:45 a.m. on southbound Highway 101 at the Freitas Parkway off-ramp, according to the CHP.
A driver in a 4-door BMW sedan reportedly lost control of their car and collided with a power pole, downing the pole.
The motorist reportedly suffered injuries to the face and was trapped inside the car as of 7:50 a.m.
PG&E crews have also been called to the scene to repair the downed pole.
san rafael, highway 101, crash, east bay news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman 27 min ago
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires 57 min ago
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday