East Bay News
Driver injured, power pole downed in SB 101 crash
SAN RAFAEL, Calif. -- A motorist is injured and trapped in a vehicle in a crash that took out a power pole on U.S. Highway 101 in San Rafael, the California Highway Patrol is reporting.
Emergency responders are at the scene of the crash, which was reported around 7:45 a.m. on southbound Highway 101 at the Freitas Parkway off-ramp, according to the CHP.
A driver in a 4-door BMW sedan reportedly lost control of their car and collided with a power pole, downing the pole.
The motorist reportedly suffered injuries to the face and was trapped inside the car as of 7:50 a.m.
PG&E crews have also been called to the scene to repair the downed pole.
san rafael, highway 101, crash, east bay news
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- No charges in Starbucks orange juice case
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by truck hitting span
- Get Free Stuff: Challenge butter; Shoe laces
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
38 min ago