East Bay News
12/12/12 special day for newlyweds, new parents
ALAMEDA, Calif. (KGO) -- Wednesday's date, 12/12/12, is the kind of numerical sequence we won't find on your calendar again for another 89 years so of course, a lot of people decided it was a day for something special, perhaps even their lucky day.
"The neatest thing is when she came out. Her eyes were open and it was just an unbelievable feeling to see her come out and looking around," father Brian Huerta said. Adriana Elise Huerta, his 7 lb., 1 oz. bundle of joy is already the apple of her dad's eye and the date only made her birth even more special. "We knew that it was a possibility it could come on the 12th, but we didn't think that it could come around noon-time. That certainly wasn't planned," he said.
December 12, 2012 is this century's last sequential date and for some, it represents luck. "I think so. I just played 'Hot Spot' $10 and got $2 win. I played one more time. I got $2 win again. Then I stopped," one woman said.
For others, they're using 12/12/12 to bet on romance. "It's going to be beautiful and on top of that, I thought of this ahead of hand, because I'm going to renew my vows, 12, 13, 14," Will Gamboa said. Gamboa and his bride Jenna Lee decided Wednesday would be the perfect day to tie the knot.
The city of Alameda thought so too. The city clerk sent a call to love birds looking to get hitched, suggesting to them that 12/12/12 would be an anniversary date the couples would never forget. "I guess the 12/12/12 has some meaning to us, especially noon," newlywed Helen Ma said. "December 12, 2012 at 12 p.m. That sounds really good," her husband Kwan Ma added.
Even the moon had a role to play on 12/12/12. According to NASA, 12 is the number of astronauts who walked on the surface of the moon, perfect for couples who on Wednesday, were floating on air. "I just want to be happy and we'll spend the rest of our lives loving each other," Helen said.
alameda, children, weddings, lottery, NASA, east bay news
- 6.9 quake rattles off the Northern California coast 47 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 22 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos