East Bay News
Cop raises money to give bikes to kids in need
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Leandro police officer is doing more than just keeping the peace this holiday season, he's trying to make a difference for some needy kids.
Officer Louie Brandt has raised more than $20,000 to help provide children with gifts for the holidays. He uses the money to build bicycles and donate them to kids at the Davis Street Family Resource Center.
Last year Brandt raised $17,000 and this year he's set his sights even higher -- he hopes to raise at least $23,000. He's now just $3,000 away from that goal.
children, christmas, holiday, bikes, san leandro, east bay news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5 46 min ago
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0 47 min ago
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday