East Bay News
Cop raises money to give bikes to kids in need
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Leandro police officer is doing more than just keeping the peace this holiday season, he's trying to make a difference for some needy kids.
Officer Louie Brandt has raised more than $20,000 to help provide children with gifts for the holidays. He uses the money to build bicycles and donate them to kids at the Davis Street Family Resource Center.
Last year Brandt raised $17,000 and this year he's set his sights even higher -- he hopes to raise at least $23,000. He's now just $3,000 away from that goal.
children, christmas, holiday, bikes, san leandro, east bay news
- 3 detained following chase in SF officer shooting
- Pedestrian fatally struck by SUV on NB Highway 880
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Missing 11-year-old boy Bryan Lazo found 12 min ago
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies at 88 58 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at SoCal school 50 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- 1 dead, 3 injured in North Richmond shooting
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs 41 min ago
- Thousands protest ahead of Fukushima anniversary 24 min ago
- Gas prices may jump from California emissions law
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts 1 min ago
- Dozens injured after stage collapses at...
50 min ago