East Bay News
Cop raises money to give bikes to kids in need
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- A San Leandro police officer is doing more than just keeping the peace this holiday season, he's trying to make a difference for some needy kids.
Officer Louie Brandt has raised more than $20,000 to help provide children with gifts for the holidays. He uses the money to build bicycles and donate them to kids at the Davis Street Family Resource Center.
Last year Brandt raised $17,000 and this year he's set his sights even higher -- he hopes to raise at least $23,000. He's now just $3,000 away from that goal.
children, christmas, holiday, bikes, san leandro, east bay news
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud 35 min ago
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman 35 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont 36 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market 38 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire 35 min ago
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Family at odds with neighbors over pet chickens
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- 7 On Your Side helps man waiting for gem ring 37 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
55 min ago