East Bay News
Salvation Army demonstrates against ban at Cal
BERKELEY, Calif. (KGO) -- Salvation Army advocates demonstrated Thursday on the UC Berkeley campus against a proposal to ban Salvation Army activity on campus including collection boxes, an, holiday bell ringers.
The student senate says The Salvation Army discriminates against the LGBT community, a charge the Salvation Army vehemently denies.
Protestors from the campus chapter of "Young Americans for Liberty" say the UC Berkeley Student Senate should be embarrassed for going after the charity at all, let alone at the height of the holiday season.
salvation army, charities, lgbt, protest, holiday, east bay news
- 4.4 earthquake strikes Southern California
- Obama announces sanctions on Russian officials
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Fashion designer L'Wren Scott found dead in NY
- Man fatally struck by train in Berkeley this morning 50 min ago
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery persists 6 min ago
- Police search for clues in fatal Concord hit-and-run 4 min ago
- Marijuana grow found at San Jose house fire
- GM recalls 1.18 million SUVs for air bag problem
- LA police say no leads in AMBER Alert abduction
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Jet search expands north, south; mystery...
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos