East Bay News
Sinkhole prompts closure of road in Clayton
CLAYTON, Calif. -- A portion of Marsh Creek Road in Clayton is closed because a sinkhole is starting to form there, according to Contra Costa County's Public Works Department.
Public works maintenance crews have discovered that a section of Marsh Creek Road between Deer Valley Road and Pine Lane has been compromised, city officials said.
Due to recent rains, a culvert under Marsh Creek Road in the vicinity of Morgan Territory Road has failed, according to the city.
Public works employees are at the scene this morning working to determine the extent of the damage.
Residents who live between Pine Lane and Deer Valley Road will still be able to access their homes, city officials said.
clayton, east bay news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 51 31 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Firefighters battling 3-alarm grass fire in Orinda
- Teen dead, 2 injured in East Palo Alto shooting
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- 16-year-old killed in San Jose bike accident 21 min ago
- Gov. Brown cites safety in possible bridge delay
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- Publicist: Founding member of The Doors dies at 74
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra
- roundup: Bay to Breakers fall; Oakland Hills fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- 16-year-old killed in San Jose bike accident
27 min ago