East Bay News
Sinkhole prompts closure of road in Clayton
CLAYTON, Calif. -- A portion of Marsh Creek Road in Clayton is closed because a sinkhole is starting to form there, according to Contra Costa County's Public Works Department.
Public works maintenance crews have discovered that a section of Marsh Creek Road between Deer Valley Road and Pine Lane has been compromised, city officials said.
Due to recent rains, a culvert under Marsh Creek Road in the vicinity of Morgan Territory Road has failed, according to the city.
Public works employees are at the scene this morning working to determine the extent of the damage.
Residents who live between Pine Lane and Deer Valley Road will still be able to access their homes, city officials said.
clayton, east bay news
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- Bay Area wakes up to frost as cold snap hits 28 min ago
- Crews call for reinforcements to find missing family
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Obama, in speech, to focus on income disparities
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Sketch released of suspect in violent robberies
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- 7OYS helps woman get refund after misleading ad 23 min ago
- abcnews: Harmful contaminants in marijuana?
- roundup: Murder trial; Bank robbery arrest
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 44 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
25 min ago