East Bay News
Hazmat situation cleared at post office in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- A hazmat situation has been cleared at post office in Oakland on High Street and MacArthur Boulevard after it was determined that pepper spray had leaked in a bathroom.
The post office was temporarily evacuated. Two employees of the post office were treated on the scene for coughing and eye irritation. There were about eight people inside the post office at the time of the evacuation. Oakland fire received a call about the incident at 10 a.m. and the post office was reopened around 11:15 a.m.
oakland, hazmat, east bay news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 40 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 25 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 29 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 8 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
40 min ago