East Bay News
Lockdown lifted at Hoover Elementary in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Students at an Oakland elementary school were on lockdown this morning after a series of phone calls to the school threatened students, a school district spokesman said.
Hoover Elementary School, located at 890 Brockhurst St., went on lockdown around 9 a.m. after the school received multiple calls from someone threatening to harm students, Oakland Unified School District spokesman Troy Flint said.
School district and city police responded to the school and formed a perimeter, Flint said.
No one was allowed to leave or enter the school during the lockdown, during which instruction was continuing in classrooms, Flint said.
No injuries were reported and the lockout was lifted around 10 a.m.
oakland, east bay news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse 15 min ago
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults 30 min ago
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 14 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault 48 min ago
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS 40 min ago
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills...
40 min ago