East Bay News
Lockdown lifted at Hoover Elementary in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Students at an Oakland elementary school were on lockdown this morning after a series of phone calls to the school threatened students, a school district spokesman said.
Hoover Elementary School, located at 890 Brockhurst St., went on lockdown around 9 a.m. after the school received multiple calls from someone threatening to harm students, Oakland Unified School District spokesman Troy Flint said.
School district and city police responded to the school and formed a perimeter, Flint said.
No one was allowed to leave or enter the school during the lockdown, during which instruction was continuing in classrooms, Flint said.
No injuries were reported and the lockout was lifted around 10 a.m.
oakland, east bay news
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive 22 min ago
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that! 42 min ago
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events 22 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides 13 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Startup sells insurance based on how much...
22 min ago