East Bay News
Man injured in early morning shooting
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A man was wounded in a shooting in Antioch early this morning, a police corporal said.
Officers received a report just before 1 a.m. of a 25-year-old man at a local hospital seeking treatment for a gunshot wound to the leg, Cpl. Desmond Bittner said.
The shooting occurred in the area of Sycamore Drive near Manzanita Way, he said.
Around 3:55 a.m., officers responded to a second report of shots fired in the same area, but did not locate any victims.
Bittner said police then arrested a suspect in the area found to be in possession of a loaded firearm, but have not determined whether he was involved in the gunfire.
antioch, shooting, east bay news
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Man accused of trying to throw wife off San Mateo Bridge
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing 47 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos