East Bay News
Man injured in early morning shooting
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A man was wounded in a shooting in Antioch early this morning, a police corporal said.
Officers received a report just before 1 a.m. of a 25-year-old man at a local hospital seeking treatment for a gunshot wound to the leg, Cpl. Desmond Bittner said.
The shooting occurred in the area of Sycamore Drive near Manzanita Way, he said.
Around 3:55 a.m., officers responded to a second report of shots fired in the same area, but did not locate any victims.
Bittner said police then arrested a suspect in the area found to be in possession of a loaded firearm, but have not determined whether he was involved in the gunfire.
antioch, shooting, east bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California 27 min ago
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 31 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash