East Bay News
Lanes reopen on I-880 after car accident
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The three left lanes on northbound Interstate Highway 880, just south of Interstate Highway 980, are open to traffic after multiple collisions blocked all lanes in Oakland this morning
The first accident was reported at 4:51 a.m., Officer James Evans said.
A Sig-alert was issued at 5:18 a.m. after another collision was reported, Evans said.
The fast lane was reopened at 5:28 a.m., and the two middle lanes reopened by 5:50 a.m., he said.
At least eight cars were involved in the collisions, Evans said. It is unknown when the slow lane will reopen.
crash, oakland, I-880, I-980, CHP, east bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY rescue 25 min ago
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day
- Woman distracted by FB on phone falls off pier 13 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday 45 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
46 min ago
- Hero guide dog assured good home after NY...
25 min ago