East Bay News
Lanes reopen on I-880 after car accident
OAKLAND, Calif. -- The three left lanes on northbound Interstate Highway 880, just south of Interstate Highway 980, are open to traffic after multiple collisions blocked all lanes in Oakland this morning
The first accident was reported at 4:51 a.m., Officer James Evans said.
A Sig-alert was issued at 5:18 a.m. after another collision was reported, Evans said.
The fast lane was reopened at 5:28 a.m., and the two middle lanes reopened by 5:50 a.m., he said.
At least eight cars were involved in the collisions, Evans said. It is unknown when the slow lane will reopen.
crash, oakland, I-880, I-980, CHP, east bay news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap 37 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
9 min ago