East Bay News
Two women arrested over armed robbery
FAIRFIELD, Calif. -- Police arrested two Fairfield women Saturday afternoon in armed robbery and assault incidents that occurred in the same area within less than an hour of each other.
Police were first called to the 1700 block of North Texas Street on a report of an armed robbery, according to Sgt. Aaron Bertsch.
Around 2 p.m., a 61-year-old resident was approached by a woman brandishing a knife, Bertsch said.
The woman took a small amount of cash and then fled on foot.
Police in the area located Fairfield resident Latisha James, 25, as she tried to flee into a nearby trailer park. She was arrested on robbery charges after being identified by a witness and found to be in possession of a kitchen knife, Bertsch said.
While police were still on the scene investigating the robbery, they were approached by a woman who had just been stabbed on her left arm during a fight with another woman.
Officers located Fairfield resident Jami Valencia, 34, in the trailer park on Circle Drive. She was arrested on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon after being found in possession of a bloody knife.
An unrelated robbery also occurred this afternoon around 2:12 p.m. in the 1300 block of Travis Boulevard, Bertsch said.
A juvenile who had arranged to trade a Playstation 3 for a pair of new LeBron James shoes was robbed at gunpoint by three suspects in a silver Nissan Maxima with chrome rims.
fairfield, crime, east bay news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos