East Bay News
Two arrested in Kmart jewelry heist
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- Two men were arrested after they broke into a Kmart store in San Leandro Christmas morning.
Quan Tran, 36, of Alameda and Edward Tam, 40, of Oakland are charged with commercial burglary.
Police responded to an alarm at the Kmart on Floresta Boulevard around 5 a.m.
Officers say a car parked near the garden center sped away when they arrived.
The men were caught later with thousands of dollars worth of jewelry stolen from the store.
crime, san leandro, kmart, east bay news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry 14 min ago
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
14 min ago