East Bay News
Two arrested in Kmart jewelry heist
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (KGO) -- Two men were arrested after they broke into a Kmart store in San Leandro Christmas morning.
Quan Tran, 36, of Alameda and Edward Tam, 40, of Oakland are charged with commercial burglary.
Police responded to an alarm at the Kmart on Floresta Boulevard around 5 a.m.
Officers say a car parked near the garden center sped away when they arrived.
The men were caught later with thousands of dollars worth of jewelry stolen from the store.
crime, san leandro, kmart, east bay news
- Plane's disappearance result of "deliberate action"
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos