East Bay News
Pickup truck driver killed in crash ID'd
HAYWARD, Calif. -- A man who was killed in a crash in Hayward on Wednesday night has been identified by the Alameda County coroner's bureau as 53-year-old Michael Sabb.
Sabb was driving a dark blue Nissan pickup truck that Hayward police said was struck by a blue Ford Mustang at the intersection of Hesperian and Industrial boulevards at about 9:30 p.m.
Sabb's most recent city of residence is unknown, according to the coroner's office.
Police said Sabb was driving west on Industrial Boulevard and entered the intersection at the same time as the Mustang, which was heading north on Hesperian Boulevard.
The Mustang slammed into the driver's side of the Nissan, police said.
Sabb was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police. There were two people in the Mustang, both of whom were uninjured.
Police are still investigating the circumstances of the crash.
crash, hayward, east bay news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child 50 min ago
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday