East Bay News
Firefighters tackling blaze at vacant house
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland firefighters are at the scene of a fire at a vacant house in East Oakland this afternoon, a fire dispatcher said.
The fire was reported in the 1300 block of 83rd Avenue at 2:05 p.m.
Firefighters responded to the blaze and called for a second alarm, but quickly canceled the request, the dispatcher said.
Just before 3 p.m., crews were still at the scene.
oakland, fire, east bay news
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 21 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 43 min ago
- Budget approved but no peace: Boehner raps right 13 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Cal Poly finds frat party didn't violate policies 9 min ago
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos