East Bay News
Woman charged with stabbing family members
ALAMEDA -- An Alameda woman has been charged with attacking four family members with a knife at a holiday gathering on Christmas night, according to the Alameda County District Attorney's Office
Tiffany Thomas, 42, was arrested Tuesday night after the stabbings were reported at 10:18 p.m. at a home in the 400 block of Willie Stargell Avenue, Alameda police Sgt. Jeff Emmitt said.
The victims, Thomas' immediate and extended family members, were three females and one male.
One of the victims was her 16-year-old daughter, police said in a probable cause statement filed with the Alameda County District Attorney's Office.
Thomas has been charged with three counts of assault with a deadly weapon, two inflicting great bodily injury, and one count of child abuse with a knife for the injuries to her daughter, according to a criminal complaint filed by the district attorney's office.
None of the victims suffered life-threatening injuries, however some of them did receive treatment at hospitals, Emmitt said.
Emmitt said it appears the family was gathered at the home when an argument began. At some point during the argument Thomas used a knife to stab her family members, he said.
alameda, christmas, east bay news
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 33 24 min ago
- Former church worker arrested for credit card fraud
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101 5 min ago
- Dog stabbed to death in SF's Mission District
- Car hits SF bus stop, seriously injuring woman
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M 21 min ago
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- Counties tell Brown they need money for his law 9 min ago
- Mechanic cashes in on SF's high real estate market
- Mt. Diablo slow to recover after fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Coachella death; Fireworks incident at...
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
24 min ago