East Bay News
Police investigate crash involving parolee
BAY POINT, Calif. (KGO) -- Police in Bay Point are investigating a car crash after a known parolee tried to flee in a car.
An officer with the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Department tried to make a traffic stop on a known parolee. That's when the man tried to get away in a car.
He crashed the car through a fence and wedged the car against a tree and tried to run on foot. Officers set up a perimeter near Virginia Drive and Alves Lane. They are looking for the man, but he has not been found yet.
No one was injured in the incident.
shooting, BART, bay point, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case