East Bay News
El Cerrito suspect, victim knew each other
EL CERRITO, Calif. -- The victim and suspect involved in a violent dispute that led to an officer-involved shooting Thursday night knew each other, El Cerrito police said Friday.
The suspect was shot after police were called to a report of a man and a woman involved in an argument around 6:40 p.m., according to police.
Officers arriving on the scene received new reports of a man beating a woman behind the Chevron gas station at San Pablo and Potrero avenues, and found the suspect there allegedly pistol whipping a woman, police sad.
Two officers fired at the man, injuring him.
The suspect remains in critical condition today, according to Lt. Paul Keith. The victim was treated for her injuries at a hospital Thursday night and released.
Keith said the alleged attack was not a random occurrence and that the suspect and victim knew each other, but did not release further information about their relationship.
Police said the officers involved in the shooting have eight years of combined law enforcement experience.
el cerrito, san pablo, shooting, east bay news
- Protesters vacate CCSF building, head to city hall
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers 20 min ago
- Manhunt on for Bay Area ATM robber
- Outkast, The Cure to headline BottleRock in Napa
- Quiznos files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- CDC reports rare woman-to-woman HIV transmission
- Overnight stays come to Winchester Mystery House
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Uber insurance policy; BottleRock lineup 37 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos