East Bay News
El Cerrito suspect, victim knew each other
EL CERRITO, Calif. -- The victim and suspect involved in a violent dispute that led to an officer-involved shooting Thursday night knew each other, El Cerrito police said Friday.
The suspect was shot after police were called to a report of a man and a woman involved in an argument around 6:40 p.m., according to police.
Officers arriving on the scene received new reports of a man beating a woman behind the Chevron gas station at San Pablo and Potrero avenues, and found the suspect there allegedly pistol whipping a woman, police sad.
Two officers fired at the man, injuring him.
The suspect remains in critical condition today, according to Lt. Paul Keith. The victim was treated for her injuries at a hospital Thursday night and released.
Keith said the alleged attack was not a random occurrence and that the suspect and victim knew each other, but did not release further information about their relationship.
Police said the officers involved in the shooting have eight years of combined law enforcement experience.
el cerrito, san pablo, shooting, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Report: 1 dead in boat accident near Redwood City 45 min ago
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 27 min ago
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos