East Bay News
Woman killed by her own car while working under it
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- An Antioch woman was run over and killed this afternoon when a vehicle she was working under slipped into gear, according to police.
The victim, a 60-year-old Antioch resident, was found pinned under her own vehicle at 810 Wilbur Ave. shortly after 2 p.m., according to police.Firefighters pulled her out from under the car but she was declared dead at the scene a short time later.
A preliminary investigation suggests the woman was working under the car when it slipped into gear, police said. Anyone who witnessed the accident should contact Officer Robert Solari at (925) 779-6900 x82372.
crime, antioch, east bay news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms 49 min ago
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions 44 min ago
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides 53 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping 12 min ago
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co.
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Three arrested in connection with fatal E. SJ stabbing 38 min ago
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear...
44 min ago
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food,...
53 min ago