East Bay News
Body found near marina in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A body pulled from the water near the marina at Oakland's Jack London Square this morning is that of a man in his 60s, Oakland police said.
The body was spotted by people near the marina around 9:05 a.m., who then helped pull the body out of the water, police said.
Police have only identified the body as that of a white man in his 60s.
Detectives are working with the Alameda County coroner's office to determine if the man's death was a homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to call Oakland police at (510) 238-3821.
crime, oakland, east bay news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot
- Russia vetoes UN resolution on Crimea's future
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Man fatally stuck by Caltrain near Atherton station
- 2-alarm fire damages historic restaurant in Larkspur 52 min ago
- Man gets 110 years to life for Hayward teen's murder 17 min ago
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch
- Los Angeles subway dig finds prehistoric artifacts 51 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon 24 min ago
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench 18 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos