East Bay News
Body found near marina in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A body pulled from the water near the marina at Oakland's Jack London Square this morning is that of a man in his 60s, Oakland police said.
The body was spotted by people near the marina around 9:05 a.m., who then helped pull the body out of the water, police said.
Police have only identified the body as that of a white man in his 60s.
Detectives are working with the Alameda County coroner's office to determine if the man's death was a homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to call Oakland police at (510) 238-3821.
crime, oakland, east bay news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Sex trafficking case investigated in Berkeley
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos