East Bay News
9-year-old suffers head injury in bike crash
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A 9-year-old boy was critically injured in a dirt bike accident in Antioch this afternoon, according to police.
The boy and a 15-year-old male were riding dirt bike motorcycles at the dead end of Drive-In Way around 1:45 p.m. when they collided with each other, Sgt. Robert Quintero said.
Both riders fell, but while the 15-year-old had only a complaint of pain following the crash, the 9-year-old suffered a major head injury.
The boy was taken to a hospital by a parent, and flown to Children's Hospital in Oakland after he was stabilized. He remains in critical condition, Quintero said.
Both riders were wearing helmets and protective gear at the time of the crash and parents were on scene supervising. The collision remains under investigation.
crash, bikes, antioch, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case