East Bay News
9-year-old suffers head injury in bike crash
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A 9-year-old boy was critically injured in a dirt bike accident in Antioch this afternoon, according to police.
The boy and a 15-year-old male were riding dirt bike motorcycles at the dead end of Drive-In Way around 1:45 p.m. when they collided with each other, Sgt. Robert Quintero said.
Both riders fell, but while the 15-year-old had only a complaint of pain following the crash, the 9-year-old suffered a major head injury.
The boy was taken to a hospital by a parent, and flown to Children's Hospital in Oakland after he was stabilized. He remains in critical condition, Quintero said.
Both riders were wearing helmets and protective gear at the time of the crash and parents were on scene supervising. The collision remains under investigation.
crash, bikes, antioch, east bay news
- South African leader Nelson Mandela has died
- Audit finds BART police make progress in reforms
- Teen found murdered in 1994 ID'd as Pacifica girl
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- Frigid temperatures grip Bay Area, break records
- I-5 in Stockton reopens after officer-involved shooting
- Cal signs $18M deal for naming rights at stadium
- Batkid returning to SF for fundraising walk
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Wendy's worker arrested after hiding pot in burger
- FBI seeks 'Sports Cap Bandit' bank robbery suspect
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: Batkid back in SF; Fremont burglar
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday