East Bay News
Black ice causes crashes in the East Bay
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- Black ice on the roadway has caused two crashes on San Pablo Dam Road between Richmond and Orinda this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The initial crash was reported shortly before 6:15 a.m. on San Pablo Dam Road near Inspiration Point Trail and another crash was later reported about 100 feet south while authorities responded to the first collision, according to the CHP.
CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said no injuries were reported in either crash.
San Pablo Dam Road is expected to be closed until at least 8:45 a.m. because of the crashes, Cakebread said.
richmond, orinda, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- Dozens hurt after London theater partially collapsed
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Report says bullying of American-Islamic kids on rise
- 1 dead, dozens hurt in California bus crashes
- Seismic saddles in place on new Bay Bridge
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- 7 On Your Side looks into Lyft's donation policy
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Toy drive in need; Timeshare sales scam
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos