East Bay News
Black ice causes crashes in the East Bay
CONTRA COSTA COUNTY, Calif. -- Black ice on the roadway has caused two crashes on San Pablo Dam Road between Richmond and Orinda this morning, according to the California Highway Patrol.
The initial crash was reported shortly before 6:15 a.m. on San Pablo Dam Road near Inspiration Point Trail and another crash was later reported about 100 feet south while authorities responded to the first collision, according to the CHP.
CHP Officer Scott Cakebread said no injuries were reported in either crash.
San Pablo Dam Road is expected to be closed until at least 8:45 a.m. because of the crashes, Cakebread said.
richmond, orinda, east bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- Female pedestrian fatally struck in Concord 2 min ago
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos