East Bay News
Oakland police investigate shooting
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police are investigating a shooting that left two people injured.
Police responded to 68th Avenue and MacArthur Boulevard at 5:30 p.m. Saturday after neighbors reported hearing gunshots.
One neighbor told ABC7 News off camera that a local cable technician ran to her for cover right after the shots were fired, "Comcast was here and it was gunshots and he came in and jumped on the floor. Kids were already on the floor."
A short time later, police responded to a car crash less than a mile away at Edwards and Sunnymere avenues near I-580.
Investigators believe that's where the victims crashed their car after being shot.
The two men in the car managed to take themselves to the hospital. Their injuries are not considered life threatening.
oakland, crime, shooting, jean quan, howard jordan, OPD, east bay news
- Freeze Warning in effect for most of Bay Area 19 min ago
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Facebook considers adding "sympathize" button 48 min ago
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos