East Bay News
Oakland police investigate shooting
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Oakland police are investigating a shooting that left two people injured.
Police responded to 68th Avenue and MacArthur Boulevard at 5:30 p.m. Saturday after neighbors reported hearing gunshots.
One neighbor told ABC7 News off camera that a local cable technician ran to her for cover right after the shots were fired, "Comcast was here and it was gunshots and he came in and jumped on the floor. Kids were already on the floor."
A short time later, police responded to a car crash less than a mile away at Edwards and Sunnymere avenues near I-580.
Investigators believe that's where the victims crashed their car after being shot.
The two men in the car managed to take themselves to the hospital. Their injuries are not considered life threatening.
oakland, crime, shooting, jean quan, howard jordan, OPD, east bay news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case