East Bay News
Man stabs cab driver after argument
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A taxicab driver was stabbed by a patron outside of the MacArthur BART station Saturday evening, a police officer said.
Around 6:45 p.m., a man got into a cab at a taxi stand outside of the BART station on 40th Street and stabbed the driver after the two got into an argument, Officer J. Moore said.
The man fled the scene on foot, and the driver was taken to a hospital in stable condition to be treated for a stab wound.
The suspect was not in custody as of 1 a.m.
crime, oakland, BART, east bay news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos