East Bay News
Man stabs cab driver after argument
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A taxicab driver was stabbed by a patron outside of the MacArthur BART station Saturday evening, a police officer said.
Around 6:45 p.m., a man got into a cab at a taxi stand outside of the BART station on 40th Street and stabbed the driver after the two got into an argument, Officer J. Moore said.
The man fled the scene on foot, and the driver was taken to a hospital in stable condition to be treated for a stab wound.
The suspect was not in custody as of 1 a.m.
crime, oakland, BART, east bay news
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- SF officer hurt in crash with armed robbery suspects
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- More bodies found inside South Korean ferry
- A's score 3 in 9th, rally past Astros 4-3
- Elderly woman beaten, robbed in Santa Cruz
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland
- Woman travels to Vegas to celebrate 103rd birthday
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- $14M awarded in suit linking contraceptive, stroke
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday