East Bay News
No injuries in Concord school bus accident
CONCORD, Calif. -- Westbound state Highway 4 was closed for nearly an hour this morning after a school bus and big-rig collided near Concord, a California Highway Patrol spokesman said.
The collision was reported on westbound Highway 4 just east of Port Chicago Highway about 8:25 a.m., CHP Officer John Fransen said.
One student was riding on the bus, but no injuries were reported, Fransen said.
A Sig-alert was issued at 8:35 a.m. It was lifted at 9:25 a.m., but the Port Chicago Highway on-ramp remains closed.
The collision remains under investigation, Fransen said.
Traffic was diverted to state Highway 242, just west of Port Chicago Highway, during the closure.
concord, highway 4, east bay news
- BART to give sneak peek of fleet of the future
- Residents unable to return home after SF fire
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- One killed in residential fire in San Francisco 23 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- Congresswomen support Cal sexual assault victims
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Revolutionary surgery for girl mauled by pet raccoon
- Consumer Reports evaluates best toilet papers
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Youth coach sentenced; SF two-alarm fire
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos