East Bay News
No injuries in Concord school bus accident
CONCORD, Calif. -- Westbound state Highway 4 was closed for nearly an hour this morning after a school bus and big-rig collided near Concord, a California Highway Patrol spokesman said.
The collision was reported on westbound Highway 4 just east of Port Chicago Highway about 8:25 a.m., CHP Officer John Fransen said.
One student was riding on the bus, but no injuries were reported, Fransen said.
A Sig-alert was issued at 8:35 a.m. It was lifted at 9:25 a.m., but the Port Chicago Highway on-ramp remains closed.
The collision remains under investigation, Fransen said.
Traffic was diverted to state Highway 242, just west of Port Chicago Highway, during the closure.
concord, highway 4, east bay news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday