East Bay News
No injuries in Concord school bus accident
CONCORD, Calif. -- Westbound state Highway 4 was closed for nearly an hour this morning after a school bus and big-rig collided near Concord, a California Highway Patrol spokesman said.
The collision was reported on westbound Highway 4 just east of Port Chicago Highway about 8:25 a.m., CHP Officer John Fransen said.
One student was riding on the bus, but no injuries were reported, Fransen said.
A Sig-alert was issued at 8:35 a.m. It was lifted at 9:25 a.m., but the Port Chicago Highway on-ramp remains closed.
The collision remains under investigation, Fransen said.
Traffic was diverted to state Highway 242, just west of Port Chicago Highway, during the closure.
concord, highway 4, east bay news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 21 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Fire that injured 2 under investigation in SJ 12 min ago
- Water pours from top of San Francisco high-rise 10 min ago
- Accident cleared from EB lanes of the Bay Bridge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Unknown good Samaritan called 911 after man's seizure
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Cal housing vote; Candlestick soccer
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday