East Bay News
Fremont police investigate first homicide of the year
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Fremont police say a 48-year-old man was shot and killed inside his home by a family member on Thursday.
Police say they were called to a home on Pardee Ct. a little before 5:30 p.m. When officers arrived, they found a man inside who had been shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 27-year-old man later surrendered to police at the city jail around 7:30 p.m.
No other information has been released on the suspect or victim.
This is Fremont's first homicide of the year.
fremont, shooting, crime, east bay news
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- All lanes of I-880 in Oakland cleared after fatal crash
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos