East Bay News
Fremont police investigate first homicide of the year
FREMONT, Calif. (KGO) -- Fremont police say a 48-year-old man was shot and killed inside his home by a family member on Thursday.
Police say they were called to a home on Pardee Ct. a little before 5:30 p.m. When officers arrived, they found a man inside who had been shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 27-year-old man later surrendered to police at the city jail around 7:30 p.m.
No other information has been released on the suspect or victim.
This is Fremont's first homicide of the year.
fremont, shooting, crime, east bay news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket 18 min ago
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- School marching band hit by robber gets big donation 5 min ago
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday