East Bay News
Fire on pier in Crockett deemed suspicious
CROCKETT, Calif. -- Firefighters deemed a one-alarm structure fire at a pier on the waterfront in Crockett suspicious this morning, according to fire officials.
The fire, located at Loring Avenue anront in Crockett suspicious this morning, according to fire officials.
The fire, located at Loring Avenue and Jackson Street, was reported at 3:44 a.m., according to the Contra Costa County Fire District.
Firefighters arrived on scene to find a large building, jutting about 50 feet over the water, fully engulfed in flames.
Firefighters are fighting the fire defensively from the exterior, according to the Contra Costa County Fire District.
As of 5 a.m., the fire was still burning underneath the pier and fire boats were deployed to fight the fire from the water, said Crockett-Carquinez fire Battalion Chief Dean Colombo.
Colombo said fight the fire from the water, said Crockett-Carquinez fire Battalion Chief Dean Colombo.
Colombo said the pier is quite old and was the site of a fire about two years ago.
"The pier is so far gone that the investigation is going to be very difficult," Colombo said.
Colombo said the fire is suspicious in nature, but said there is no reason to believe anyone was inside the building at the time it caught fire.
No injuries have been reported, according to fire officials.
crockett, fire, east bay news
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires 24 min ago
- Investigators to speak with shot San Francisco officer 9 min ago
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- State senator to introduce utility security legislation 8 min ago
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief 15 min ago
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Surfer rescued; Fatal Oakland crash
- Investigators to speak with shot San...
9 min ago