East Bay News
Sketch released of attempted kidnapping suspect
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland police have released a sketch of a man wanted in connection with the attempted kidnapping of a 25-year-old woman near the Fruitvale BART station last month.
Police received a report at about 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 17 that the woman had been walking in the 3100 block of East 12th Street when a stranger approached her from behind, police said.
The suspect grabbed the victim and attempted to pull her toward a waiting car nearby. The victim put up a struggle and was able to escape the suspect's grasp, police said.
The victim told police she saw at least two or three black males inside the waiting vehicle. The car was described as a black sedan with tinted windows.
The suspect who attempted to kidnap the victim is described as a black man in his early 20s, standing between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall. Has a thin build, medium complexion, with brown eyes and brown hair styled in dreadlocks.
He was clean-shaven and wearing a maroon hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans at the time of the attack, police said.
Oakland police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland are offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information resulting in an arrest.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at (510) 238-3641 or the Tip Line at (510) 637-0298.
oakland, BART, crime, east bay news
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro 35 min ago
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday