East Bay News
Sketch released of attempted kidnapping suspect
OAKLAND, Calif. -- Oakland police have released a sketch of a man wanted in connection with the attempted kidnapping of a 25-year-old woman near the Fruitvale BART station last month.
Police received a report at about 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 17 that the woman had been walking in the 3100 block of East 12th Street when a stranger approached her from behind, police said.
The suspect grabbed the victim and attempted to pull her toward a waiting car nearby. The victim put up a struggle and was able to escape the suspect's grasp, police said.
The victim told police she saw at least two or three black males inside the waiting vehicle. The car was described as a black sedan with tinted windows.
The suspect who attempted to kidnap the victim is described as a black man in his early 20s, standing between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 8 inches tall. Has a thin build, medium complexion, with brown eyes and brown hair styled in dreadlocks.
He was clean-shaven and wearing a maroon hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans at the time of the attack, police said.
Oakland police and Crime Stoppers of Oakland are offering a reward of up to $2,500 for information resulting in an arrest.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at (510) 238-3641 or the Tip Line at (510) 637-0298.
oakland, BART, crime, east bay news
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- SFPD to crack down on violators for pedestrian safety
- Sex offender grabs girl from parents in Berkeley
- 3-alarm fire burns three homes in San Francisco
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Fire in Novato damages garage and two cars 11 min ago
- Free health clinics to take place in the Bay Area
- Tri-Valley area could see higher drought rates
- Palo Alto hiker rescued in Yosemite after fall
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- Measuring California's impact from affirmative action ban
- Classical music legend Art Barnes is retiring
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Murder-for-hire plot; East Bay parks plan
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos