East Bay News
Police review surveillance video in BART shooting
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- Officials say a man shot and killed Saturday outside of a Bay Area Rapid Transit station in San Leandro may have been hit by gunfire intended for somebody else.
BART police say the man - whose name has not been released - may have been caught in a crossfire during a shooting outside the Bayfair station around 12:20 p.m. Saturday.
The shooting also left a woman with wounds that were not considered to be life threatening.
One person was arrested after the shooting. The suspect's name or age has not been released.
Officials have not said what may have sparked the shooting, but detectives were reviewing surveillance video and following up on leads.
san leandro, BART, shooting, guns, crime, east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos