East Bay News
Police review surveillance video in BART shooting
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. -- Officials say a man shot and killed Saturday outside of a Bay Area Rapid Transit station in San Leandro may have been hit by gunfire intended for somebody else.
BART police say the man - whose name has not been released - may have been caught in a crossfire during a shooting outside the Bayfair station around 12:20 p.m. Saturday.
The shooting also left a woman with wounds that were not considered to be life threatening.
One person was arrested after the shooting. The suspect's name or age has not been released.
Officials have not said what may have sparked the shooting, but detectives were reviewing surveillance video and following up on leads.
san leandro, BART, shooting, guns, crime, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Sunnyvale's 'Blue Cube' gets torn down 22 min ago
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- Hydrants painted to mark contributions to 1906 fires 48 min ago
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: DUI crash; Antioch teen killed 34 min ago