East Bay News
Man not expected to survive after being shot in head
OAKLAND, Calif. -- A man is clinging to life after being shot multiple times Sunday afternoon in East Oakland, a police officer said.
Officers responded to a report of a shooting in the 5900 block of Foothill Boulevard at about 3:45 p.m., Officer R. Bowden said.
When officers arrived, they found a man suffering from gunshot wounds to the head and leg, Bowden said.
The man, believed to be 19 years old, was transported to a hospital to be treated for his injuries which are considered life-threatening, Bowden said.
He is not expected to survive, she said.
The suspect fled the scene of the shooting in a rental car and remains at large, Bowden said.
The shooting is under investigation.
crime, shooting, oakland, east bay news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday