East Bay News
2 teens injured in El Cerrito shooting
EL CERRITO, Calif. -- One of two teens injured in an El Cerrito shooting Wednesday afternoon is in surgery while police continue to search for suspects, according to police.
The shooting was reported at about 2 p.m. near the Ohlone Greenway between Lincoln and Stockton avenues and prompted the lockdown of two local schools, police said.
Police said the two victims, both males in their late teens, were taken to a hospital to be treated for gunshot wounds. One of the victims' wounds appeared to be superficial, while the other was taken to surgery, police Capt. Mike Regan said.
Multiple suspects fled the area, heading east on Stockton Avenue.
As officers responded to the shooting, El Cerrito High School and Fairmount Elementary School were locked down. Police determined that the suspects had left the area and the lockdowns were lifted within an hour.
The Ohlone Greenway between Eureka and Stockton avenues remained closed this evening and was expected to remain close for several hours, Regan said.
el cerrito, shooting, crime, east bay news
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington's Skagit River
- Preliminary 5.7 earthquake hits Northern California
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- Gov. Brown keeps pressing climate change crusade
- Video: America's Cup teams practice on San...
- TIME publishes Obama prom photo, yearbook message
- Caltrans shows fix for broken Bay Bridge bolts
- Oakland's real estate market heats up
- Hundreds of officers attend little girl's graduation
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: BART bike vote; Gov. climate change
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos