East Bay News
2 teens injured in El Cerrito shooting
EL CERRITO, Calif. -- One of two teens injured in an El Cerrito shooting Wednesday afternoon is in surgery while police continue to search for suspects, according to police.
The shooting was reported at about 2 p.m. near the Ohlone Greenway between Lincoln and Stockton avenues and prompted the lockdown of two local schools, police said.
Police said the two victims, both males in their late teens, were taken to a hospital to be treated for gunshot wounds. One of the victims' wounds appeared to be superficial, while the other was taken to surgery, police Capt. Mike Regan said.
Multiple suspects fled the area, heading east on Stockton Avenue.
As officers responded to the shooting, El Cerrito High School and Fairmount Elementary School were locked down. Police determined that the suspects had left the area and the lockdowns were lifted within an hour.
The Ohlone Greenway between Eureka and Stockton avenues remained closed this evening and was expected to remain close for several hours, Regan said.
el cerrito, shooting, crime, east bay news
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 16 min ago
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos