East Bay News
AMBER Alert lifted by Oakland police after it was revealed there is no missing child
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- An AMBER Alert was lifted by Oakland police after a man turned himself in and it was revealed there is no missing child.
The California Highway Patrol issued an AMBER Alert this morning after a woman told authorities a man drove away with their daughter following a domestic dispute. Police searched for the child and have determined there was no such child or abduction. The woman could now face charges for filing a false police report. Watch ABC7 News at 11 a.m. for the latest details
amber alert, oakland, OPD, east bay news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday