East Bay News
Early morning fire damages several cars in Oakland
OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- Some car owners in Oakland are contacting their insurance companies about damage after a strange fire Friday morning.
A tree caught fire around 2 a.m. on Nicol Avenue near Champion Street, taking down power lines and causing damage to nearby cars.
PG&E crews spent the morning making repairs to the lines.
Investigators are trying to determine what caused the fire.
oakland, fire, car fire, insurance, PG&E, east bay news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF 56 min ago
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
- Boston Marathon bomb hoax suspect in court
- A's first pitch to honor man killed by drunk driver
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- WWI soldier's love letters found behind attic wall 59 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos