East Bay News
Former Hercules mayor dedicates melody to 49ers
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Former Hercules mayor, Ed Manuel, known as "The Singing Mayor of Contra Costa" has penned another song to honor the NFC Champion, San Francisco 49ers as they attempt to win their record sixth Super Bowl title.
Manuel wrote several cheer songs during San Francisco's Super Bowl run in the 80s. He's hoping that his passion and talents land him a gig singing this latest anthem at an upcoming Niners or Giants game.
The former mayor predicts a 49ers victory on Sunday.
hercules, contra costa county, san francisco 49ers, super bowl, music, east bay news
- Castro Valley man a person of interest in wife's death
- Memorial bench to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- CA Republican Party holds convention in Burlingame
- Union says fewer teachers facing layoffs in California
- Dad accused of biting infant's nose to be arraigned
- Fundraiser for victims of Indonesia volcano eruption
- Thieves steal gas station ATM in Sonoma County
- Fire destroys home, displaces 15 residents in Richmond
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Over $7,000 raised for police dog battling cancer
- Online naming contest open for trails at Glen Canyon
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Most Wanted suspect; Sierra LaMar bench
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos