East Bay News
Former Hercules mayor dedicates melody to 49ers
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Former Hercules mayor, Ed Manuel, known as "The Singing Mayor of Contra Costa" has penned another song to honor the NFC Champion, San Francisco 49ers as they attempt to win their record sixth Super Bowl title.
Manuel wrote several cheer songs during San Francisco's Super Bowl run in the 80s. He's hoping that his passion and talents land him a gig singing this latest anthem at an upcoming Niners or Giants game.
The former mayor predicts a 49ers victory on Sunday.
hercules, contra costa county, san francisco 49ers, super bowl, music, east bay news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Officer-involved shooting shuts down I-5
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro apartment fire 26 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes
- Libyan officials say US teacher killed in Benghazi
- Northern California couple has rare triplets
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz?
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- 50 people displaced by San Leandro...
26 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos