East Bay News
Former Hercules mayor dedicates melody to 49ers
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Former Hercules mayor, Ed Manuel, known as "The Singing Mayor of Contra Costa" has penned another song to honor the NFC Champion, San Francisco 49ers as they attempt to win their record sixth Super Bowl title.
Manuel wrote several cheer songs during San Francisco's Super Bowl run in the 80s. He's hoping that his passion and talents land him a gig singing this latest anthem at an upcoming Niners or Giants game.
The former mayor predicts a 49ers victory on Sunday.
hercules, contra costa county, san francisco 49ers, super bowl, music, east bay news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court 13 min ago
- Man fined $525 for refilling drink without paying
- Chelsea Clinton expecting first child
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear...
13 min ago