East Bay News
Former Hercules mayor dedicates melody to 49ers
CONCORD, Calif. (KGO) -- Former Hercules mayor, Ed Manuel, known as "The Singing Mayor of Contra Costa" has penned another song to honor the NFC Champion, San Francisco 49ers as they attempt to win their record sixth Super Bowl title.
Manuel wrote several cheer songs during San Francisco's Super Bowl run in the 80s. He's hoping that his passion and talents land him a gig singing this latest anthem at an upcoming Niners or Giants game.
The former mayor predicts a 49ers victory on Sunday.
hercules, contra costa county, san francisco 49ers, super bowl, music, east bay news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 17 min ago
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Robertson's hiatus
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle 52 min ago
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015 38 min ago
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dennis Rodman does karaoke in NKorea
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos