East Bay News
Pedestrian struck and killed by vehicle, driver arrested
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle in Antioch early this morning, according to police.
Police have arrested the driver of the vehicle, Gerald Massey, 28, of Antioch, in connection with the fatal collision.
At about 1:41 a.m. Antioch police received a report of a collision in the 3900 block of Delta Fair Boulevard.
When officers arrived at the scene, just west of Fairview Drive, they found one vehicle involved in the collision.
Police said the driver of the vehicle lost control. The vehicle then struck a tree in the center median and came to a stop on the south sidewalk of Delta Fair Boulevard.
A pedestrian was found trapped underneath the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
The driver of the vehicle was trapped inside the car and transported to a local hospital for treatment.
crime, pedestrian struck, antioch, east bay news
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man suspected of shooting SF police officer arrested
- East Bay residents warned after EBMUD truck stolen
- Wolff: Temporary baseball stadium for A's possible
- Fremont firefighters investigate three suspicious fires
- All lanes clear on I-80 in Vacaville after fatal crash
- Teenage boy killed trying to walk across Highway 85
- Tucson courting car maker Tesla for 6,500 jobs
- Gov. Brown booed by anti-fracking protesters
- Toddler uses FaceTime to save mom after dog attack
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
- Thousands audition for Wheel of Fortune in NorCal
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- roundup: Fatal bar shooting; Utility truck thefts
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos