East Bay News
Pedestrian struck and killed by vehicle, driver arrested
ANTIOCH, Calif. -- A pedestrian was struck and killed by a vehicle in Antioch early this morning, according to police.
Police have arrested the driver of the vehicle, Gerald Massey, 28, of Antioch, in connection with the fatal collision.
At about 1:41 a.m. Antioch police received a report of a collision in the 3900 block of Delta Fair Boulevard.
When officers arrived at the scene, just west of Fairview Drive, they found one vehicle involved in the collision.
Police said the driver of the vehicle lost control. The vehicle then struck a tree in the center median and came to a stop on the south sidewalk of Delta Fair Boulevard.
A pedestrian was found trapped underneath the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
The driver of the vehicle was trapped inside the car and transported to a local hospital for treatment.
crime, pedestrian struck, antioch, east bay news
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield 21 min ago
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland 21 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting 19 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- Burlingame restaurant to stop serving lion meat dish
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Apps help protect your smartphone from snoops
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos